It’s almost that time! Grab your costume, friends, or the family to celebrate Halloween weekend all over Houston. From trick-or-treat gatherings, dance parties, movie screenings, to haunted houses — there's something fun for everyone.
The Best Friday Festivities
- Imperial Park Recreation Center in Sugar Land transforms into a haunted house perfect for kids.
- Head downtown with your family for Discovery Green’s Scream On The Green, featuring a costume contest, dance party, and screening of Disney’s Hocus Pocus.
- Galveston County Museum will host a spooky storytelling session all about the beach town’s haunted history.
- Spindletap Brewery celebrates their latest beer release with a free costume party.
The Best Saturday Festivities
- Fifth Ward hosts a fall festival perfect for the whole family with food trucks, games, and a job fair.
- Enjoy live music, arts and crafts, and vendor market at MECA Houston’s two-day festival celebrating Dia De Los Muertos.
- Check out Montrose’s 15th annual free Halloween crawl which kicks off at La Grange and Poison Girl.
- Put on your best Ken or Barbie costume for this themed party at Red Lion British Pub.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science hosts a Halloween party with live music from Danny Ray and the Atlantic Street Band.
The Best Sunday Festivities
- Celebrate Day of the Dead with Ballet Folklorico performances, costume contest, and arts and crafts activities at Kemah Boardwalk.
- Head to Sugar Land’s ballpark for Halloween festivities including candy, costume contest, rides, and more.
- Levy Park hosts the Howl-o-ween pup parade and costume contest for dogs.
- Meet the authors of “Wild Houston,” which shows you how to explore nature around the city, at Houston Botanic Garden. (Also, check out my interview with one of the authors, Suzanne Simpson.)
- Grab your kids for face painting, haunted house, pumpkin carving, games, and treats at Wakefield Crowbar.