The Tacos You Have To Try in H-Town
Are you ready to go on an H-Town taco road trip? Host Raheel Ramzanali is joined by the taco king Marco A. Torres, also the Taco Columnist at the Houston Chronicle, to get his best picks of the tacos you need to try across the entire city!
Best Tacos Spots
Inside the loop
- Tacos Bomberos (2206 Edwards Street, Holler Brewing @ Sawyer Yards)
- Gerardo's Drive-In (609 Patton Street)
- Teotihuacan Mexican Cafe (1511 Airline Drive)
- Space City Birria (415 Milam Street)
- Calavera Mexican Kitchen (409 Travis Street, inside Bravery Chef Hall)
- Brother's Taco House (1604 Emancipation Ave)
- Laredo Taquera (915 Snover Street & Washington Ave)
- J Bar M BBQ for brisket tacos (2201 Leeland Street)
- Tacos Tierra Caliente (2003 West Alabama Street, next to the West Alabama Ice House)
- La Guadalupana Bakery & Cafe (2109 Dunlavy Street)
- Pico's Mexican Restaurant (3601 Kirby Drive)
- Los Dos De Nuevo Leon (in the CVS parking lot 6504 West Little York, corner of Bingle & North Houston-Rosslyn)
- Tita's Taco House (320 Wilson Road in Humble)
- Tacos Flores (4806 FM 1960 in Humble/Atascocita)
- Manuel's Mexican Resturant 529 (13083 West Lake Houston
- Parkway in Summerwood/Humble)
- Tacos Doña Lena (8878 Hammerly Blvd in Spring Branch)
- The Original Villa Arcos (3009 Navigation Blvd)
- Cochinita & Co (5420 Lawndale Street)
- Tacos La Sultana (7011 Capitol Street)
- Porras Prontito (6301 Market Street in Denver Harbor)
- Taqueria Del Sol (8114 Park Place Blvd)
- Tacos Tec (8449 Gulf Freeway by Hobby Airport)
- Taconmadre (905 Edgebrook Drive)
Looking for more Houston news? Then sign up for our morning newsletter Hey Houston
Follow us on Instagram @CityCastHouston
Don’t have social media? Then leave us a voicemail or text us at +1 713-489-6972 with your thoughts!
Have feedback or a show idea? Let us know!
Interested in advertising with City Cast? Let’s Talk!
Want to know what's happening in Houston? Sign up for our free newsletter, Hey Houston. Packed with local news, curated event recs, local life hacks, and more, it's your daily toolkit for getting the most out of the city you love.
Houston Traffic Officially Sucks, Superintendent Retirement Drama, and FAFSA Reform
We all know Houston has terrible traffic, but you won’t believe how many hours we waste on the road. Plus, there’s some major drama going do...
Your Guide to Houston in December
We’re ending 2023 with a bang by putting together our guide for things to do in December around H-Town. From restaurants to experiences, hos...
The Perfect Date Night Restaurants in Houston
Finding the perfect date night dinner spot can be hard, but host Raheel Ramzanali is making it a bit easier by picking the top spots from Ho...
Stolen Donations, Political Flier Labeled ‘Homophobic Dogwhistle’, and Underpaid Teachers
A group that stole more than $30k in donations has finally been caught and convicted, but you won’t believe how they did it. Plus, a local c...
Are We Finally Going To See Relief With Water Billing Issues?
For more than a year we’ve been hearing about residents being sent incorrect water bills and being stuck paying them. Now, there’s finally s...
Smuggling Drugs Into Jail, HISD Budget Concerns, and Top Artists
Social media is flooded with the most streamed musicians of the year, but who did we love as a city? Plus, an anchor in midtown is closing a...
Where to See the Best Holiday Light Shows in Houston
From extravagant displays to decade old neighborhood traditions, Houston has some of the best holiday lights in the state. Host Raheel Ramza...
Stray Dogs Wreak Havoc, Early Voting Starts, and Holiday Budgets
Early voting has started for the runoff elections on December 9th and we have some early poll numbers regarding who the next mayor will be i...
Why Are So Many Blackbirds Around HEB
If you’ve been to a big grocery store in the last month or so then you’ve noticed the thousands of black birds all around you. So, what are ...
Our Favorite Thanksgiving Day Traditions
What Thanksgiving traditions do you have? Host Raheel Ramzanali is chatting with producer Carlignon Jones and Hey Houston newsletter editor ...